[Web4lib] E-portfolios and free-vs-fee platforms: thoughts?

Melora Norman MNorman at unity.edu
Mon May 18 11:15:07 EDT 2009

Hello. Apologies for the cross-posting. Our library has subscribed to
WikiSpaces and offered it to the campus community for testing; one
possible use that is being discussed is e-portfolios.  However, and
influential faculty member thinks that we should convince students to do
their e-portfolios in free web tools like Google Sites.  I am wondering
if anyone here has been privy to this sort of conversation.

Thanks for any thoughts you may have to share,

Melora

Melora Ranney Norman

Director, Quimby Library

Unity College, 90 Quaker Hill Rd.