[Web4lib] Kindle vs. Accessibility

Sharon Foster fostersm1 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 13:18:35 EDT 2009

Kelly's right. A computer-generated voice and a dramatic reading by a
pro are not equivalent. How would you like to listen to the voice at
<fill in the name of any voice menu system> read the newspaper to you?
I'd rather go to the dentist. I'm sure Amazon and the publishers and
authors will figure out a way to allow blind and low-vision people to
purchase the audio-enabled item for a few dollar$ more.

Next they'll forbid children's librarians from holding story hours, or
holding up the books so children can see the pictures.

Sharon M. Foster, 99% Librarian (waiting for the official okey-dokey
to change it to 100%)
Speaker-to-Computers
http://www.vsa-software.com/mlsportfolio/