[Web4lib] ISO recommendations for video workstation configuration

Junior Tidal JTidal at CityTech.Cuny.Edu
Fri May 8 14:28:34 EDT 2009

I would suggest a mac with firewire ports and a DVD-RW drive. We use iMovie, iDVD, and Final Cut Express HD for video editing.

For video conversions, we typically use ffmpegX (shareware). Audio editing is done with Audacity (open source).

Junior Tidal
Web Services and Multimedia Librarian
CUNY New York City College of Technology
300 Jay Street
Brooklyn, NY 11210
718.260.5481

>>> "Melora Norman" <MNorman at unity.edu> 5/8/2009 2:14 PM >>>
Hello. Sorry to co-distribute--not sure what venue may be best for this
question.

We want to put together a PC-based video workstation (dv-dvd-vhs-cd) and
would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Many thanks,

Melora

Melora Ranney Norman
Director, Quimby Library