[Web4lib] easy e-newsletter option? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Dyer, Renata Renata.Dyer at treasury.gov.au
Tue May 5 07:19:47 EDT 2009

Jenny, when you say "an easy e- newsletter service for our patrons" do you mean easy to subscribe? Or manage; or read online?
We use MS publisher to create newsletters and then we send them out via the File - Send Email and then Send this page as message.
You can design quite good looking newsletters. Subscribing and unsubscribing can be done via web page or email link ... There are many ways but they are not automated I am afraid. You could add the names into your Outlook group list. You can also create email template which could have all the recipients already saved in bcc field if you need to hide them which you probably do.
You just make changes to the email template .oft file as needed.

Hope this helps.
Renata Dyer
Treasury Library
www.treasury.gov.au