[Web4lib] Inviting program proposals for the Access Services Conference 2009

Amy Chang amy.chang at utsa.edu
Mon Mar 30 11:09:59 EDT 2009

On behalf of the Conference Organizing Committee, we would like to
invite you to submit a proposal for the Access Services Conference 2009,
"Unlocking the 21st Century Library".  This year's event will be held at
Georgia Tech Global Learning Center in Atlanta, GA from November 11-13,
2009.

The Access Services Conference is an opportunity for individuals working
in all areas of Access Service in libraries to gather information and
communicate with other professionals about Circulation, Reserves,
Interlibrary Loan, Student Worker Management, Security, Stacks
Maintenance, and other topics of interest.

We invite program proposals from March 30 until 5pm, July 15, 2009.

Accepted program proposal submissions should be able to fit within a 50
minute segment.  Proposals might focus on any of the following areas:

Customer Service

Circulation

Interlibrary Loan

Consortia Agreements

Marketing

Reserves

Security

Space Management

Stacks Maintenance

Student Workers Management

Current technology for access service enhancement

Program Proposal guidelines:

Please submit an abstract, 300 words or less, with the program title and
your name.  Program proposals will be reviewed by the program committee
and those presenters who are selected will be notified by August 15,
2009.  In order to submit a proposal, please create an account at the
conference website
http://conferences.library.gatech.edu/access/index.php/access/access09/l
ogin,

login and select the "Author" link to submit your proposal.

Please direct any questions to Denita Hampton dahampton at gsu.edu