[Web4lib] Browser ennui

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Mon Mar 23 09:42:39 EDT 2009

> In the last couple of weeks, new betas have come out for Safari (4.0b1
> on 2/24), Firefox (3.1b3 on 3/12), and Chrome (2.0b1 on 3/17), and IE8
> was officially released today.  Once upon a time, any one of those
> releases would have stirred up an active discussion on Web4Lib, but no
> more.  I wonder if that's because we decided all browsers were good
> enough, more or less; or because we decided no browser is very
> interesting any more; or because we were forced to accept that "The
> Browser" is whatever version of whichever program IT deigns to plop on
> our machines.
>

> --
> Thomas Dowling
> tdowling at ohiolink.edu

Basically, I'm happy with my browser and have much bigger fish to fry.
Firefox does what I need it to do, and the last releases have introduced
features I like, so I assume the betas will do the same. I use IE or Chrome
for testing purposes and no other reason.

The Facebook interface, on the other hand...

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at freerangelibrarian.com