[Web4lib] A/V Now Available For Web 2.0 / WebQuebed / The Quantum Web Rome Presentation

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at iastate.edu
Fri Mar 20 12:41:28 EDT 2009

A/V Now Available For Web 2.0 / WebQuebed / The Quantum Web Rome
Presentation

Colleagues/

I am pleased to inform you that in addition to my PPT, the A/V for my
Web 2.0 / WebQuebed / The Quantum Web / Rome Presentation is Now
Available At

[ http://tinyurl.com/dzpa99 ]

The Participatory Web: Web 2.0 and The Future of The Library

As characterized by Wikipedia, "'Web 2.0' describes the changing trends
in the use of World Wide Web technology and web design that aim to
enhance creativity, communications, secure information sharing,
collaboration and functionality of the web"
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2.0]

Such 'participatory' technologies include not only blogging (e.g.
Blogger), photo-sharing (e.g. Flickr), social bookmarking (e.g.
Delicious), but folksonomies (e.g., tagging), online social networks
(e.g., Facebook), video-sharing (e.g., YouTube), and wikis (e.g.,
Wikipedia).

In this ... [presentation] we provide an overview of several significant
Web 2.0 technologies and profile numerous examples of libraries
worldwide that have implemented these interactive technologies in their
efforts to enhance collaboration and communication with their respective
communities.

[We Conclude With A Profile Of Discussion Of WebQubed - The Mixed And
Mashed Web / MixedUp Web

AND  Introduce  >> The Quantum Web <<  Our Vision Of The Future Of The
Web After WebQubed.

Happy Spring !!!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan

Associate Professor

Science and Technology Librarian

Iowa State University Library

Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than An Idea Whose Time Has Come / Victor
Hugo

[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows

 [ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/  ]