[Web4lib] Useful use of Twitter at conferences?

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 13:51:35 EDT 2009

A friend is going off to a conference soon and seeks to organize a group
Twitter so she can track what's going on and maximize her conference
experience.

Can you please let me know of any conferences where such an attempt was
organized?  Did it succeed?  How did it work?

Things like this worry me. I picture people rushing from one side of the
boat to the other just because a speaker cracks a good joke, causing the
ship of conference to sink. I also picture speakers with great things to say
losing their entire audience between great thoughts.  After all, someone
told me that even Cliff Lynch was boring for 30 seconds once in 1995.  :-)

Anyhow, it seems to be the constant partial attention tool du jour, so if
you've seen this actually help a conference succeed, please let me know.

Thanks,

/rich