[Web4lib] Questions for LibGuiders

Joyce Ouchida jouchida at usc.edu
Wed Mar 18 13:18:47 EDT 2009

The system we moved from was an end-of-life Ruby on Rails application
that was no longer being supported and that seemed to be better suited
for book-type content. Our main site CMS (Adobe Contribute) is "easy to
use,"  but not well liked. I think it has to do with the strict template
layout, which restricts content to one column and does not easily
accommodate multiple-page content areas with subnavigation. It is not
easy for users to incorporate Web 2.0 content (esp since we disabled the
ability to add scripts). We chose LibGuides for many reasons - ease of
use, user control, more flexible layout options, ability to integrate
dynamic/Web 2.0 content, fast implementation, low cost.

--Joyce

--

* * * * *
Joyce Ouchida