[Web4lib] Configuring Server Side Includes on IIS

Robert Sullivan robert.g.sullivan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 17:33:19 EDT 2009

Trying to help out a colleague here... his site uses Internet
Information Server and he wanted to use server side includes.  He was
told he would have to change all his pages to .shtml and I told him
how to avoid that with an .htaccess file - turns out that doesn't work
with IIS.

I found some Microsoft pages which said IIS defaults to .shtml but
didn't say how to change it.  His ISP's support has been hopeless
(told him it was too complicated to explain) but I haven't given up
yet.  Does anyone know how to configure IIS to parse .html files?

Thanks,

--
Bob Sullivan
Schenectady Digital History Archive