[Web4lib] Website Analytics

Varnum, Ken varnum at umich.edu
Mon Mar 16 14:34:53 EDT 2009

The figures for the University of Michigan Library (www.lib.umich.edu) are:
Length of Visit:  66.92% 0-10 seconds
Depth of Visit: 56.12% visited 1 page

The "Depth of Visit" only says how many pages were visited and does not imply the home page.  During the default time period (2/13/09 through 3/15/09), the site's main page received 163,744 visits.   There were 271,101 one-page visits.  Even if every front-page visit was a one-page visit, there were 107,000 one-page visits (40%) to secondary pages.

If Google has a way to tell you how many visits to a given page were unique visits to the entire site, I'd love to know about it.

Ken