[Web4lib] RE: free e-audiobooks

don warner saklad don.saklad at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 17:12:34 EST 2009

Thank you !   I appreciate your interest.

On 3/7/09, Sharon Foster <fostersm1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> OverDrive has started to offer a handful of audiobooks in MP3 format
>  that are compatible with Apple products like the iPod, and they have
>  also introduced a version of OverDrive Media Console that runs on Mac
>  OSX.

It's not compatible with OS X of only a few years old. OverDrive
should be made compatible with operating systems that are a few years
old so it's more universal. Our public libraries should advocate for
more universal library services rather than for only people with the
latest and greatest computer operating systems. It appears to be a gap
in the technical knowledge of librarians responsible for ensuring the
greatest access to our public libraries' services.

On the other side of this is when OverDrive is presented by our public
libraries it should be presented as one of a compilation of free
audiobooks so that at that point of service people who can't access
one might try another.