[Web4lib] 3M 7210

Art Gutierrez agutierr at emporia.edu
Wed Mar 4 13:01:42 EST 2009

Hello,  we have a 3M Self Check Out machine, model 7210, and it is about 8 years old.  Since we have had it our id card numbers have changed several times.  The last change we made added a letter to the front of the id with 8 trailing digits.  When we swipe the card with the built in card reader it does not work with cards encoded with the letter in the id number.  I was wondering if anyone knew how I could change the settings to allow alphanumeric id numbers? I assume this is possible but the pc running this thing is ancient so maybe it is not?  Thanks

Art Gutierrez
agutierr_at_emporia_dot_edu