[Web4lib] Are e-mail discussion lists still relevant?

Coral Hess coral.hess at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:27:05 EDT 2009

Maybe I'm crazy--or stating the obvious; it's always hard to tell--but
I think of a lot of listserv software as being just like very good
forums. I mean, if you go to the group page of a Google group or Yahoo
group, what you get looks a lot like what you'd get in a
forum--threads of messages. You can even set it not to send you e-mail
and just go look at the threads that interest you, like you would be
doing with a forum.

I consider a listserv better than a simple forum because, like Karen
said, you don't have to remember to check it. But it's searchable and
usable like a forum, for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

--
Coral Hess
coral.hess at gmail.com
http://coralhess.com

"... the library is not a place but a service." --Allen B. Veaner