[Web4lib] Public Libraries Using Google Apps?

Dylan Baker dbaker at adalib.org
Mon Jun 29 14:25:38 EDT 2009

My public library is investigating using Google Apps to provide staff
email/calendars and we are interested in learning about the experience
of other public libraries with using Google Apps.

Specifically, we are curious about which edition of Google Apps
(Standard, Premier or Education) public libraries are using? We have too
many employees for the Standard Edition (limited to 50 users) and we
don't seem to qualify for the Education Edition (we aren't an accredited
K-12 school, college or university OR a 501(c)(3) non-profit
organization), so we seem to be stuck looking at the Premier Edition
($50 / account / year) which we would have to fit into our budget. (Our
Friends of the Library group is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, but
we're not certain we could use their non-profit status to qualify for
Education Edition account for our staff.)

Any other information you have about your public library's experience
using Google Apps would be helpful for our research.

Thanks in advance!

Dylan Baker
Webmaster / Information Systems Assistant
Ada Community Library
10664 W Victory Rd
Boise, ID 83709
Work: 208.362.0181 x136