[Web4lib] Amazon ratings

j. hogle jjhogle at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 21 01:20:30 EDT 2009

Take a look at the Santa Clara City (CA) Library Foundation and Friends booksale success.  I was told they make several thousand dollars/month from book sales, in large part online via Amazon, though they also have a monthly book sale and a small store in the main library.  See their listings at: http://www.amazon.com/shops/friends-of-santa-clara-city-library. Contact the Foundation/Friends director, Maria Daane @ mdaane at santaclaraca.gov, who could refer you to whomever manages their online sales for some insights into their success.

 John Hogle
Freelance academic librarian
Instructor, online research
Email: jjhogle at yahoo.com