[Web4lib] OPAC outputs in JSON - adding opac results to google

Rosenberger, Luke E rosenberger at uthscsa.edu
Mon Jun 8 09:56:22 EDT 2009

I believe that NCSU's CatalogWS Web API to their Endeca-based search may
also offer JSON as an output format.  Here's the general documentation
for the API (which doesn't mention JSON):

http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/catalog/ws/documentation/search.html

...but here's a SlideShare presentation by Emily Lynema from code4lib
2007 which mentions on slide 10 that "json" could be used as an option
for the "output" parameter:

http://www.slideshare.net/eby/free-the-data-creating-a-web-services-inte
rface-to-the-online-catalog

Very interesting idea you've got there, Aaron... I'd love to hear more
as it develops.

Luke Rosenberger * Director *
Library Technology & Historical Collections *
UT Health Science Center San Antonio *
MSC 7940, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr * San Antonio TX 78229-3900 *
+1 210.567.2486 * rosenberger at uthscsa.edu *
http://www.library.uthscsa.edu