[Web4lib] Plinkit Websites

Scottie Baugh ScottieBMares at comcast.net
Mon Jun 1 15:56:14 EDT 2009

Hi -- I am Scottie Baugh, and I do all the IT for a very small library in Dickinson, TX.

TLA has joined the Plinkit Collaborative to offer Texas Libraries a website template which is supposed to be simple to complete and customize.  I already have a site www.dickinsonpubliclibrary.org , built in FrontPage 2003, and hosted at the library, but my Director wants me to switch to Plinkit.

Has anyone on the list used Plinkit and been able to customize it so that it doesn't look like a cookie cutter site?  I've visited their sites all over Texas, and other states, and they all look identical to me.  My current site isn't much, but it is unique, and is easily updated and improved.  The big advantage, as I see it, is that Plinkit hosts the site and I will not have to spend the bucks when my cranky webserver finally dies.

Thanks for any input.

Scottie Baugh
Library Tech
Dickinson Public Library