[Web4lib] Amazon Deletes Orwell from Kindles

Naess, Petter naessp at state.gov
Wed Jul 22 04:31:38 EDT 2009

Certainly the digital medium enables mischief that print-era scoundrels
could only dream of, but what makes the IPR/DRM/etc. debate so addling
is that both sides, pirates and owners, invoke the same defense: ie.,
what is logically and morally acceptable is determined by what is
technologically possible. So the following statement is equally valid if
you reverse the order of vendors/customers: "People need to get over the
idea that making products digital gives vendors the right to mess with
their customers in any way the technology allows."