[Web4lib] Speaking of e-books...

B.G. Sloan bgsloan2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 21 14:49:26 EDT 2009

Since we're discussing e-books on the list, I thought some of you might be interested in the following:

"Bits Of Destruction Hit the Book Publishing Business", by Bernard Lunn.

"'Bits of destruction'is a phrase Fred Wilson uses to describe the destructive part of  'creative destruction' brought on by digitization.We hear a lot about the destruction wrought on the newspaper business. A more interesting and nuanced wave is now hitting the book publishing business."
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/bits_of_destruction_hit_book_publishing_part1.php
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/bits_of_destruction_hit_book_publishing_part2.php

Bernie Sloan