[Web4lib] Windows Steady State

Sharon Foster fostersm1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 09:46:49 EDT 2009

I read the installation instructions, and I just want to make sure I
understand. I'm to set up the machine the way I want it for an
administrator account, and *then* under Steady State I create the
public account and give it or deny it access to the programs and
features that are already set up? That's the way I read it, and I'm
wondering what happens to settings within programs. For example, I
want Word 2007 files to be saved as .doc by default. In Firefox, I
want the public account to have a Print Preview button in place of a
Print button, etc. When/where do I do that?

Sharon M. Foster, JD, MLS
Librarians bring order out of chaos.
http://www.vsa-software.com/mlsportfolio/