[Web4lib] A little off topic.

Walker, David dwalker at calstate.edu
Mon Jul 6 11:12:11 EDT 2009

> I need a recommendation for a VERY GOOD
> editor for developing under PHP

I like and use Zend Studio.  I have to tell you, though, that it is one of the most temperamental, crash-prone pieces of software I've ever used.  And yet it so helpful and useful (when it's working) that I put up with the abuse.

A couple of other (free) options for Eclipse:

  PHP Development Tools
  http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/

  PHP Eclipse
  http://www.phpeclipse.com/

And a comparison of what Zend Studio offers compared to PDT:

  http://www.zend.com/en/products/studio/compare

--Dave

David Walker
Library Web Services Manager