[Web4lib] Are e-mail discussion lists still relevant?

Edward Spodick lbspodic at ust.hk
Sun Jul 5 22:24:22 EDT 2009

I'll go along with this for keeping up on a lot of blog and news sites, with the caveat they the RSS feed MUST contain the full content.  Those which only include a 'teaser' requiring you to go to the website for the rest of what is interesting are annoying - yes, they are better than having to vsit each site to see if there is something of interest to you, as the feed item took care of that.  But if it is not a full feed, then I still have to take the extra step, which may not be available if I downloaded feed content offline.

I love RSS - I subscribe to several hundred feeds, not counting the feeds for the 50 or so podcasts I follow.  Any which does not contain the full content gets dropped really fast - unless it is for a personal friend or family member. :)

-Spode