[Web4lib] Obama and the Checkerboard Buddha

Maurice York maurice_york at ncsu.edu
Mon Jan 19 10:28:55 EST 2009

It's not the technology that's platform dependent, it's the people
using it. Photosynth is based on Microsoft Silverlight, which is what
NBC used for it's web multi-cast of the Olympics (which was really a
remarkable step forward in live web video, if you got a chance to
check it out). I watched the Olympics fine in Silverlight on my Mac in
Firefox and Safari, and I was just looking at a Photosynth rendition
of Obama's whistle stop tour Saturday from MSNBC's site in Safari:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28661876

It strikes me that those folks at CNN just don't know what they're
doing and bumbled their way into a Windows-only implementation of a
cross-platform technology...

-M

Maurice York
Head, Information Technology