[Web4lib] Obama and the Checkerboard Buddha

Gianluca Drago gianluca.drago at unipd.it
Mon Jan 19 03:27:25 EST 2009

Robert Balliot ha scritto:
> On January 20, 2009 CNN IReporters will collaborate at the inaguration of
> Barack Hussein Obama to create a first of its kind immersive experience.
> They will use the new software from Microsofts Live Labs - Photosynth - to
> create a 3D panorama at the moment Barack Obama is sworn in to become our
> 44th President. Photosynth shows great promise in creating an unique user
> experience. *Checkerboard Buddha on the Rocks* was Photosynthed with 103
> images from a Canon ELPH. Use the expand view to go to full-screen. Immerse
> yourself in the Buddha by pressing the character *p* on your keyboard and
> finding your inner doughnut:
> http://oceanstatelibrarian.com/#research
>
> Envision what you can do.

Photosynth requires you are on a Microsoft PC.
It could be great technology but it's really frustrating to me getting
nothing more than:
"In order to view, you must be using Windows XP or Vista and download
the browser plug-in." and "Photosynth does not support this OS".

//One Step Forward Two Steps Back.  :-(

Gianluca Drago