[Web4lib] 2008 Library Automation Survey -- closing soon

Breeding, Marshall marshall.breeding at Vanderbilt.Edu
Fri Jan 2 11:23:09 EST 2009

Gentle reminder: The 2008 Library Automation Survey will be closing
soon.

If you have not yet responded, I hope that you will do so in the next
few days.  Please help me assess the current state of the library
automation arena by responding to the survey and giving your library's
perceptions of its current automation software and the organizations
involved in supporting it.

Original survey invitation message:

I am conducting another round of the library automation perceptions
survey.  Last year's survey was the basis for "Perceptions 2007: an
international survey of library automation:"

  http://www.librarytechnology.org/perceptions2007.pl

The data collected through this year's survey will inform a similar
report that provides the statistical results and interprets to the
extent possible what it says about the current library automation arena.

The survey aims to measure how libraries perceive their current library
automation system, the companies involved in their support and
development, and to gauge interest in open source alternatives.  As more
libraries become involved with open source ILS products, I'm especially
interested in measuring their satisfaction relative to those that use
traditionally licensed systems.

Last year I received 1,779 survey responses.  An even larger volume of
result in a stronger report regarding the state of the industry.  I
think that all of us have an interest in gaining a better understanding
of what libraries think about their current automation situation as we
think about effective strategies going forward.

Please take a few minutes to respond to the survey.  The following link
provides more information about the survey and is the easiest way to get
to the survey response form:

  http://www.librarytechnology.org/blog.pl?ThreadID=91

If you responded last year, I'm still very much interested in having you
respond this time also. Comparing the results of the two years might
reveal interesting shifts in perceptions.

Thanks for participating.

-marshall

Marshall Breeding

Director for Innovative Technology and Research

Vanderbilt University Library

615-343-6094

http://www.librarytechnology.org