[Web4lib] policy for advertising events on academic library home page?

Chris Bourg mchris at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 13 17:39:11 EST 2009

We don't have an official policy, but the standard I set for putting an
event on our blog is that the blog post should somehow connect the event
to library resources.
An example is this post about Justice Anthony Kennedy selected as 2009
Commencement Speaker.
<https://www.stanford.edu/group/ic/cgi-bin/drupal2/node/589>
We filled the post with links to items in our collection that are either
by or about Justice Kennedy.
It is a great way to advertise the event and to highlight items in our
collection.

Cheers,
Chris

Douglas Goans wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Has anyone working in an academic library developed policies or guidelines for advertising banners or promotional content for your library web site?
>
> If so, how did you address non-library related events such as campus events, institutional events or other non-library related announcements?
>
> Thanks
> -Doug
>

> Doug Goans
> Web Development Librarian
> Georgia State University Library
> 100 Decatur St.
> Atlanta. GA 30303
> Tel: (404) 413 2772
> Fax: (404) 651-4315

Chris Bourg
Head, Information Center
Stanford University Libraries and Academic Information Resources
http://infocenter.stanford.edu