[Web4lib] facebook for libraries

Greg Johnson g-johnson2 at govst.edu
Mon Feb 9 19:04:29 EST 2009

I finally lost the good fight.  After 2 years, I am finally forced to
interact with one of the horsemen of the apocalypse (along with email, you
tube, and myspace).

I've notice that other libraries have facebook sites.  After a little time,
and a lot of frustration, I have finally concluded that I have no idea how
to set up an insitutional facebook page.  If someone could give me the
instructions on how to get the site up and running (i.e. create a user name,
etc for my library), I can do the rest.  I tried to set up an account the
regular way, trying to fit my library's name into the first name and last
name category with no luck.

Any ideas from those who have library facebook account?

Greg

Gregory Johnson
Distance Learning and Reference Librarian
Governors State University
University Park, IL
g-johnson2 at govst.edu
708-235-7516