[Web4lib] Chicagoland Drupal4Lib BoF (3/20, 1:30p)

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Wed Feb 4 11:37:40 EST 2009

I'm pleased to announce a Chicagoland Drupal4Lib BoF on Friday, 3/20
(1:30p-4p) at DePaul's Loop Campus, 1 E. Jackson (10th fl., Rm# 10028),
Chicago.

GOALS OF THE CHICAGOLAND DRUPAL4LIB BoF

The Chicagoland Drupal4Lib BoF will be an opportunity for librarians to
get together and discuss how they use (or would like to use) Drupal in a
library context.  We'll ask people to present projects they're working
on and we'll field questions on problems and approaches to implementing
Drupal.  All levels of knowledge from expert to n00b are welcome.

Also, since we're the 'host' city for the ALA Convention in Chicago in
July, we'll have an opportunity to think about what we might want to do
for that.

This Chicagoland Drupal4Lib BoF is a follow-up to our successful
get-togethers last year at the Metropolitan Librarian System and at the
wildly sold-out Chicago Drupal BarCamp in October.

CHICAGOLAND DRUPAL4LIB BoF - QUARTERLY BASIS

We'll be doing one of these on a quarterly basis -- or at least that's
the intention.  The people at DePaul have kindly made their location
available for March; We'll be meeting at McCormick Place as part of ALA
in July; After that we'll be meeting at the downtown offices of the
Metropolitan Library System (MLS).

PARTICIPATION AND SUGGESTIONS

It goes without saying that your participation and suggestions are
welcome.  The format is free and open enough to accommodate a ton of
different ideas and needs.

You can sign up here: http://groups.drupal.org/node/18820

Feel free to leave a comment there or email me directly -- and everyone
start planning for an informative and rewarding event -- on 3/20!

LEO

www.leoklein.com (site)
www.ChicagoLibrarian.com (blog)

aim/msn/yhoo/goog: 'leorobertklein'