[Web4lib] The TARDIS Library Metaphor for 2.0

Cornwall, Daniel D (EED) dan.cornwall at alaska.gov
Mon Feb 2 15:06:28 EST 2009

 I get Web4lib by digest, so apologies if this is old news.

TARDIS stands for Time and Relative Dimensions in Space. More
information than most people want to know about the Doctor's Tardis can
be found in the inevitable Wikipedia article at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS.

I am more a fan of the old series, but find much to like about the new
one. I watch the new series through DVDs as I am one of the six people
in North America who do not have cable.

I really appreciated the first post on this thread and like the
metaphor. Libraries really can put you into nearly any point in time
and/or space.

- Daniel

=================================

Daniel Cornwall
Head of Information Services
Alaska State Library
PO Box 110571
Juneau, AK 99811-0571
(907) 465-1315 ph
(907) 465-2665 fax
E-Mail: dan.cornwall at alaska.gov

The Alaska State Library serves all:
    State Employees - http://library.state.ak.us/is/infoserv.html
    Librarians - http://library.state.ak.us/dev/libdev.html
    Everyone else! - http://library.state.ak.us/

Ask us! - http://library.state.ak.us/forms/askalibindex.html

Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are mine alone and not those of my
employer unless explicitly stated.