[Web4lib] OCR scanning for archives

Robert Sullivan robert.g.sullivan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 15:10:47 EST 2009

> Is there software that you use and would recommend for optical character scanning of documents for archival purposes?  OmniPage Professional, Adobe Acrobat Capture or another product?

I've been using OmniPage for about 10 years it just keeps getting
better.  Depending on what you need to do with it, the Standard
version might be adequate - Professional includes more features for
large-scale organizational use, but I believe the scanning
capabilities are the same in all versions.

--
Bob Sullivan
Schenectady Digital History Archive