[Web4lib] Mechanism for testing off-campus access from on-campus?

Mitchell, Michael Michael.Mitchell at brazosport.edu
Thu Aug 13 09:35:25 EDT 2009

Jim,

Actually, I think you can test the EZ-Proxy config from on campus. I do
it all the time. If I click on an off-campus connection link form inside
the library then EZ-Proxy will still authenticate me and run me through
the server to the target. So the target only sees me as the EZ-Proxy IP.
If the config is wrong I'll get an error message- usually from EZ-Proxy
itself. By the time I get through to the target server there are rarely
any problems. In other words the proxy function almost always works but
sometimes IT screws up the EZ-Proxy configuration.

Michael Mitchell
Technical Services Librarian
Brazosport College
Lake Jackson, TX