[Web4lib] Is there any way to include this in a newsletter or similar publication?

Polly-Alida Farrington polly at pafa.net
Thu Aug 6 20:13:46 EDT 2009

My first reaction to the Franklin High article (http://is.gd/23Y26)
was to wonder what sort of relationship the library staff had with
the administration and classroom teachers. Were they using technology
effectively, integrating it into their teaching and collaborating
with classroom teachers. Were they taking leadership and advocating
for information and technology literacy. Were they connecting with
the students.

I don't know if they were or not. Perhaps they were doing a stellar
job and this is just an unfortunate situation. I can't judge that
without knowing far more about the situation.  But I'll be sharing
this with school library folks that I work with as a cautionary
tale.  We can't take it for granted that what we do is understood and
valued. We need to demonstrate value and advocate for the role that
libraries have in education and learning.

Polly-Alida Farrington
PA Farrington Associates
e-mail: polly at pafa.net
http://blog.pafa.net/