[Web4lib] Joomla Module Question

Naomi Malone grokkar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:19:19 EDT 2009

Hi Lisa,

The best solution that I've found so far is Sigsiu Business
Directory<http://joomla.sigsiu.net/directory.html>,
which allows the item to be attached to up to five categories.  There is
also a new component called K2 <http://k2.joomlaworks.gr/>that is supposed
to be able to do this but I am still testing it so can't say for sure..it's
supposed to be similar to CCK in Drupal so is not a built-in solution, you
would need to build the structure yourself.

Hope that helps!

Naomi Malone
PhD candidate, UCF College of Education

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Lisa A Ennis <lennis at uab.edu> wrote:

> Please forgive cross posting...
>
> Hey all,
>
> If anyone knows of a module that will do the following or has any advice it
> would be most appreciated.
>
> The university is implementing Joomla and we have some database driven
> pages that allow for our authors to add multiple categories to an item. So
> for instance, if we added PubMed to the Databases and Resources page the
> librarian adding PubMed could check medicine, nursing, full text, etc so
> then a user could go to a drop down menu and choose a category to see what
> Databases and Resources are under a specific category. Basically, it means a
> resource can show up under multiple categories. To see it in action go here
> http://www.uab.edu/lister/tools/. I can't find any module that does
> anything like this.
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Lisa
>

> Lisa Ennis, MS, MA
> Systems Librarian / School of Nursing Co-Liaison
> Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences
> University of Alabama at Birmingham
> (v)205.934.6322  (f)205.934.3545
> http://www.uab.edu/lister
>
> "In order to be really good as a librarian, everything counts towards your
> work, every play you go see,  every concert you hear, every trip you take,
> everything you read,  everything you know. I don't know of another
> occupation like that. The more you know, the better you're going to be."
> --Allen Smith

Naomi Malone