[Web4lib] Re: Google News Timeline

Peter Noerr pnoerr at museglobal.com
Fri Apr 24 14:33:40 EDT 2009

Katherine, I'm intrigued by your last sentence. ("That's just silly and increasingly sophisticated users know it.")

Why is relevance ranking silly in this case or any other? (I'm not arguing for it, I would like to hear your reasons)

What sort of arrangement would your "increasingly sophisticated" user expect? And why?

And how would you tell the system of this desire? I presume you just took the default (ranked by relevance) display (if you were given a choice).

Peter

Dr Peter Noerr
CTO, MuseGlobal, Inc.

+1 415 896 6873 (office)