[Web4lib] Getting Rid of IE 6

Jonathan Bloy JBloy at edgewood.edu
Tue Apr 14 11:07:07 EDT 2009

I just saw the following post on SitePoint, and thought of this discussion.

Support for IE:  It's all about accessibility
http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2009/04/07/support-for-ie6-its-all-about-accessibility/

I guess I side on the folks who recommend graceful degradation / progressive enhancement.  A well designed website should work in ANY browser.  Even if you're serving them plain markup with no style information, it should still work well.

Those of you that mention rich web apps that rely on javascript also need to remember that even though a browser supports javascript, it's not necessarily turned on.

--
Jonathan Bloy
Web Services Librarian