[Web4lib] NBE Presentation | Connections: Online Social Networks For Organizations

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at iastate.edu
Thu Apr 2 16:42:12 EDT 2009

Colleagues/

I am pleased to announce the availability of a corrected and revised version of my PPT slides from my invited presentation

given last month at the National Library of Spain as well as the associated audio:

>>Conferencia de GERRY McKIERNAN <<

Iowa State University Library / Ames IA USA

La Importancia de Estar Conectados:

LAS REDES SOCIALES EN LAS ORGANIZACIONES

Fecha: 11 de marzo de 2009

Lugar de celebración: Biblioteca Nacional de España / Paseo de Recoletos, 20

_Connections: Online Social Networks For Organizations_

While Facebook and MySpace are among the better-known general online social networks, there are an ever-increasing number of online networks that have emerged for and within a wide variety of communities.

Among many others, these include networks for Academe and Education, People of Color, Boomers, LGBT groups, Religion, and Researchers and Scholars.

This presentation will provide an overview of a variety of niche online networks, and a detailed review of select niche social networks created to better connect and engage clients, customers, patrons, and staff, within and outside of organizations.

I am most grateful to Maria-Jesus del Olmo, Director, Information Resource Center U.S. Embassy / Madrid, Spain; SEDIC - Asociación Española de Documentación e Información;  and Milagros del Corral Beltrán, Director, Biblioteca Nacional de España, for making my visit and presentation possible.

Links to The PPT and MP3 (and original PPT and source Audio file(s)) are available at

 [ http://tinyurl.com/cccf59 ]

Enjoy!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan

Associate Professor

Science and Technology Librarian

Iowa State University Library

Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than An Idea Whose Time Has Come / Victor Hugo

[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490  ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows

 [ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/  ]