[Web4lib] Document Management Systems?

Douglas Goans libdgg at langate.gsu.edu
Tue Sep 30 17:10:15 EDT 2008

Hello.

We are currently reviewing how we create, store, search, deliver, update, and retire or archive our internal documentation such as policies, procedures, memoranda. It would most likely grow to also be used for other docs such as meeting minutes and departmental manuals for our Intranet.

Has anyone implemented a web-based Document Management System (DMS) in your library that you like or would recommend?

Here is our list to explore so far. I'm wondering if anyone has implemented any of these or another system in your library to manage your internal documents?

http://www.joomla.org/
http://www.dspace.org/
http://www.opendocman.com/
http://www.knowledgetree.com/