[Web4lib] Non-google online calendar systems?

Stewart Baker stewart.c.baker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 14:50:57 EDT 2008

Hi all,

We have been using Google Calendar to set up our reference desk schedule and
most people here have no complaints.  However, the librarians in charge of
our "Information Desk" schedule (think reference desk staffed by student
assistants) apparently find Google Calendar difficult to use and want to use
something else that's "easier".

Does anybody have any suggestions?  A search for "Free online calendar" came
up with plenty of results, almost all of which were using a similar
interface to google calendar or looked like they were left-overs from the
early 1990s.  If anybody knows of downloadable software which is good for
this (and isn't excel), I would love to hear about that as well.

Thanks,

Stewart Baker
CSU Dominguez Hills
Library Webmaster