[Web4lib] Database Marketing

John Kupersmith jkup at jkup.net
Fri Sep 26 12:41:22 EDT 2008

Sharon --
The spotlight feature on the homepage seems like a good idea, but might work
better if it were called something other than "Database Spotlight".

The word "database" shows up frequently in usability studies as being
misunderstood or not understood by users in universities and colleges; I
expect it might be much the same in public libraries.
< http://www.jkup.net/terms.html >

Our library uses "Featured resource", which is not perfect either but does
give us the option to feature any kind of resource.  Maybe some of the
Web4Lib subscribers have better ideas.

--jk
  John Kupersmith
  Reference Librarian, Doe/Moffitt Libraries
  University of California, Berkeley
  jkupersm at library.berkeley.edu