[Web4lib] It's a Virtual Virtual Virtual world...online conference

Lori Bell lbell927 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 07:29:41 EDT 2008

It's a Virtual VIrtual Virtual World...

A take on that 1960's movie, "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World!", at times the work we do in virtual worlds can feel like we're all running in various directions hunting for treasure.  Virtual worlds like Second Life have been a part of our work now for a few years and we are doing wonderful things on various levels.  Some efforts are highly organized and funded while others are somewhat more loosely collected, organic and serendipitous.  All of our efforts are creating fantastic accounts of lessons learned and insights for better understanding and refining the approach and effort for greater impact.

Join Alliance Library System and Learning Times online in Adobe Connect for  two days as we focus the discussion of virtual worlds and librarianship.  We'll be convening online on October 1 and 2 to discuss topics such as, "Virtual Worlds Development", "Scaling Graduate LIS Instruction in Virtual Environments", "Academic Libraries and Virtual Worlds", "Building a Library Presence in the Virtual World of Second Life" and "Creating Educational Tools in Second Life for Libraries".  A panel of the conference speakers is also scheduled in which your questions will feature prominently.  To find more information about this exciting conference, go to the conference website at http://www.thevirtuallibrarian.org/

To register or learn more about the conference you can click on any of the links above or just to the right under "Conference Links".  Questions?  Please email info at learningtimes.net.

If you would like a special coupon code for $25 off the conference, please contact Lori Bell at

 lbell927 at gmail.com.