[Web4lib] Re: Libraries and Open Everything or Free Culture

H Frank Cervone f-cervone at csu.edu
Sun Oct 19 00:58:58 EDT 2008

Alnisa,

As the director of a library science program within a college of education,
I can say with some assurance that libraries are not just a subset of
education. While there are many areas of common concern between the
education and library communities (especially when addressing the issues of
academic and school libraries), a substantial portion of what libraries are
dealing with in relationship to open/free culture lie outside the domain of
education. It would probably be a disservice to both communities to not
consider them separately.

H. Frank Cervone, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Director, Department of Library, Information, and
Media Studies
Chicago State University
College of Education
9501 S. King Dr, ED 200B