[Web4lib] Magazine portals?

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Fri Oct 17 09:59:06 EDT 2008

I'm not sure if this falls under what you are looking for but there is the
Linux Journal at http://www.linuxjournal.com .  You cannot view the most
recent two issues but you can view others without a login it appears.  And
there is Linux Pro Magazine and it looks like you can view the newest issue
and archives at http://www.linuxpromagazine.com .

I know Safari Online has books you can read but I don't know if they have
magazines or journals.  They are a commercial database and do require a
subscription.

Thomas

On Friday 17 October 2008 06:04, Anders Ericson wrote:
> Academic journals have been available through commercial portals for
> more than a decade, but what about more popular magazines and
> journals? In USA and UK e.g.?
>
> In my own country, Norway, just a handful of these publications may be
> bought as pdf at e.g.
>
> https://www.buyandread.com/mediaport/index.htm?lang=en
>
> You can't download a single article , just the whole issue.

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst		P O Box 32026
University Library			Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

"... using OpenOffice.org, and save them back to disk automatically,
in MS Word format.  They surf the Web, check e-mail, do instant
messaging, view YouTube videos, visit their Facebook pages, learn
touch-typing skills and lots more.  Our public library has been
offering these Linux public stations for the past three years."
 - Phil Shapiro Linux Journal January 2008

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/