[Web4lib] looking for

Bill Hudson bhudson at lancasterlibraries.org
Thu Oct 16 15:04:38 EDT 2008

Take a look at http://www.jumpbox.com/app/lampd It's a virtual appliance you
can download and have running in less than 45 minutes, including the time
required to install the free VMware server software (longer if you have a
slow connection ;-). Downside is it cost $300 but you get support with that
as well as some other cool VMs to play with.

If money is an object, check out VMware's Appliances link, they have a
number of LAMP servers you can download for free. With the Jumpbox option
you can have a tad more confidence you aren't getting a compromised machine.
With the free VM's, well, buyer beware!
BH

*
Bill Hudson
Deputy Administrator/Manager, Information Technology
1866 Colonial Village Lane, Ste. 107
Lancaster, PA  17601
717-207-0500 ext. 1269
http://www.lancasterlibraries.org