[Web4lib] PC Reservation software

Karen Knox karen.knox at rhpl.org
Tue Oct 14 10:11:06 EDT 2008

Lauren,

We are using the EnvisionWare PC Reservation and LPT:One at our library
and LOVE it. It works extremely well. We are not yet running Vista, but
the system works very well on XP. I have had very few issues with the
system and the support that I've gotten from EnvisionWare has been
great. We have been on the system for about a year and a half.

The reservation system gives our customers a guaranteed time on a
computer, and we allow them extended time if there are no pending
reservations. The print system is extremely smooth, requiring no local
print drivers on the clients. We can even offer printing from our
wireless customers with no hassle using the same system.

I have honestly rarely been this impressed with a product in all my
years in library technology and I highly recommend them. Feel free to
let me know if you have any further questions.

Karen Knox
IT Manager
Rochester Hills Public Library
500 Olde Towne Rd.