[Web4lib] SharePoint Help

Norwood, Randy randy.norwood at ttu.edu
Wed Nov 19 10:51:41 EST 2008

Sharon:

We have Sharepoint MOSS 2007 for our intranet, so there's not much of it that you could explore. Customizing ("branding") a public-facing site in Sharepoint is more difficult than with a typical static-HTML-based site. The high-level design decisions are the same, but understanding how to implement them in Sharepoint is a bit more involved. For some introductions to this, see http://www.cleverworkarounds.com/2007/10/08/sharepoint-branding-how-css-works-with-master-pages-part-1/ , http://www.heathersolomon.com/blog/articles/brandsppart1.aspx , and http://blogs.msdn.com/randalli/archive/2006/11/06/branding-sharepoint-sites-msdn-articles-published.aspx

As for training/consulting, I highly recommend Sharepoint Solutions (http://moss.sharepointsolutions.com/Pages/default.aspx). In particular, one of our staff attended the course "Extreme Makeover SharePoint 2007 Edition - Branding and Customization" and found it to be very useful.

Also, http://www.sharepointblogs.com/default.aspx , which is a gateway to a huge number of resources.

HTH,

--
Randy Norwood