[Web4lib] Campus without a physical library

Leslie Johnston lesliej at loc.gov
Tue Nov 18 12:37:49 EST 2008

I thought it might be UC Merced.  I have a vague memory that they initially planned it as digital/online only.  But then I searched and found the library was among the first buildings constructed, so I'm not trusting my memory.  They do focus on digital over physical collections.

I also thought it might be Cal State San Marcos, but they seem to have always have some physical library presence and approximately 250,000 volumes.

Leslie

>>> "Walker, David" <dwalker at calstate.edu> 11/18/2008 11:57 AM >>>
Yeah, I want to say it was Cal State Monterey Bay, which was established in 1994.  I could be wrong.

Not only did Monterey Bay build a library building, but they are set to open a new, larger one here in just a few weeks. :-)

--Dave

David Walker
Library Web Services Manager
California State University