[Web4lib] "out of the box" library system

Allison Mays AMays at vetapp.gov
Fri May 30 11:05:37 EDT 2008

Hi. I'm new to the list so forgive me if this is a little off-topic.

I'm at a small - very small - federal court library and have been looking at EOS. Seems like a pretty snazzy little system and they cater to small libraries like mine. They host it, do the upgrades and that works for me. I won't tell you the price quote but it's not bad.

I was browsing through the Demco catalog and saw their "out of the box" systems, LibrarySoft. Seems simple enough, but the thought "You get what you pay for" is ringing in my ears.

So my question to you guys: are those cheap systems any good? I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, but I want something decent.
Also, if you have any experience with EOS, I'd love hearing from you.

Reply off-list if you like.

Thanks, and have a good weekend.

Allison

Allison P. Mays
Librarian
U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
625 Indiana Ave. NW
Washington, DC  20004
(202) 501-5861
AMays at vetapp.gov