[Web4lib] Total Makeover: Change of Facebook Profile

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Mon May 26 13:42:49 EDT 2008

Colleagues/

The More Things Change The More They Change ... [:-)

/Gerry

New York Times / May 21, 2008, 2:48 pm

Big Changes Coming to Profile Pages on Facebook / By BRAD STONE

Profile pages on Facebook are getting a total makeover.

Facebook, based in Palo Alto, Calif., held an hourlong briefing for the news media Wednesday to preview changes coming to the site next month.

The biggest change: user profiles on the service will evolve from a single, flat and often cluttered page into four tabbed sub-pages dubbed feed, info, photos and applications.

>>>For More and Links to the Facebook Profiles Preview Page / Facebook Blog Entry / Facebook Profiles Preview's Video /  And ....... My<<<

_ Facebook 2.0_  Global Fb Group ... "intended to serve as a forum and venue for Facebook users and non-users to recommend and discuss enhancements to Facebook features and functionalities. Suggestions of present and future Facebook Apps that may enhance library programs and services are of particular interest. The organization and configuration of Facebook elements are also of great interest."

[ http://onlinesocialnetworks.blogspot.com/2008/05/total-makeover-change-of-facebook.html ]

OR

[ http://tinyurl.com/3wp9sn ]

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than An Idea Whose Time Has Come
Victor Hugo
[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows
[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]