[Web4lib] Library Leadership in web 2.0

SIMINITUS, JACQUELYN E (ATTPB) js8295 at att.com
Fri May 23 13:58:30 EDT 2008

This is a follow-up of sorts to last year's Web4lib discussion on
"Skills for Library 2.0 Leaders."
Given a good number of librarians have taken one of the "23 Things" web
2.0 professional development tutorials or workshops, have any libraries
offered web 2.0 instruction to audiences beyond the library community?
I ask because the California School Library Association 2.0 Team
encourages school teacher librarians (TL) to offer a version of School
Library Learning 2.0 (http://SchoolLibraryLearning2.blogspot.com) to
classroom teachers in their school district, thus raising the library's
visibility and positioning themselves as technology leaders and coaches.

Taking this train-the-trainers idea a next step, I'd like examples of
teacher librarians and public librarians that have collaborated to offer
web 2.0 classes as "summer 2.0 fun."   Why?  Public libraries generally
offer high speed, unfiltered Internet access -- something that many
school teachers don't experience thanks to restrictive school district
Internet policies and practices.
I look forward to comments and examples of 2.0 Library Leadership.
Also, if you are a 2.0 public library leader who wants to offer a
"summer 2.0 fun" program to their local teachers, the California School
Library Association 2.0 Team would be glad to work with you.  I am a
CSLA 2.0 Team co-lead along with CSLA President-elect Connie Williams.
Best wishes.
- Jackie
Jackie Siminitus, MLS,
AT&T Library Advocate
795 Folsom Street, Room 517-N1, San Francisco, CA 94107
415-644-7112 : jacquelyn.siminitus at att.com
Knowledge Network Explorer, www.kn.att.com